Injured in A Car Accident? Try PRP Injections for Immediate Relief!
Studies show the body has remarkable capabilities to heal itself. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a regenerative therapy that speeds the natural healing process. If you've been in a car accident recently, this is an ideal treatment for you.
Patients visit our chiropractic center to treat various injuries. When it comes to car accidents, rotator cuff tears are among a long list in the U.S. Nearly 3 million Americans sustain rotator cuff damage, according to HSS (Hospital for Special Surgery), requiring rehabilitative care - especially after an accident. One of the most significant indicators is limited arm mobility and persistent pain.
- Ligament damage
- Muscle pain
- Joint injuries
What Are PRP Injections?
Platelet-rich plasma injections in LA are composed of your platelets to speed healing for injured joints, muscles, ligaments, and surrounding tendons. Unlike our other treatments, it is an individualized treatment that depends on your body's healing to improve any internal damages. For a better understanding of how it works, let's talk about plasma and platelets.
Plasma: It is the liquid portion of your blood. It contains water and proteins to help white, and blood cells flow throughout your body.
Platelets: Thrombocytes (platelets) are blood cells. When you get cut, the blood clots to stop the bleeding. It also contains specialized functions to help you heal.
When activated, they work together to cut pain, improve mobility, and start the path to a shorter recovery. Outside of personal injuries, PRP injections are a popular treatment among athletes and active patients. At Premiere Chiropractic, we use this method for a range of sports injuries.
Will This Treatment Work?
Yes! Studies have proven PRP injections to be highly effective in treating musculoskeletal-related injuries. According to the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, in a study of 230 patients with tennis elbow, more than 80% of patients that received PRP injection saw significant improvement.
Remember how effective and successful the car accident PRP therapy will depend on your medical history and whether the injury is new, old, chronic, or acute. We might pair it with acupuncture to reduce additional stress, chronic pain, and any aspect of the car accident aftermath for the best results.
We will establish your treatment plan during your consultation upon arrival at our chiropractic center. Be honest about every aspect of your pain – we want to ensure you have complete treatment.
Those with low platelet counts, anemia, or cancer should seek approval from their primary doctor before booking an appointment with us.
How Does It Work?
The process of administering personal injury PRP injections in Los Angeles is straightforward.
- We will begin by drawing blood from you. Before starting treatment, we might request that you stop taking blood thinner medications, specific vitamins, and supplements. Make sure you're hydrated and eat before the procedure.
- The blood goes through a centrifuge, which separates the platelet-rich plasma from the blood.
- Your specialist will numb the injection site administering the rich platelet-rich plasma back into the injury. Each shot carries 10x more benefits than regular blood.
You can expect to see improvements after the first several weeks. The sooner you begin PRP injections after a car accident, the faster you're likely to heal. As the injections break down, you can expect to see your wounds repair.
Keep in mind that health insurance does not always cover PRP therapy. According to WebMD, the typical treatment price might range from $250 to $1,500 per session. At Premiere Chiro, we accept personal injury liens for patients pursuing a car accident lawsuit.
Note: Before scheduling an appointment, consult with your personal injury lawyer, as this will need to be included in your settlement.
Platelet Rich Plasma Is the Answer!
Have you considered trying PRP therapy? If you're experiencing a combination of chronic knee pain, shoulder pain, or joint pain after an accident, you should. You've endured trauma, whether it was a minor collision or severe crash.
PRP injections are a low-maintenance, painless procedure that will restore your body's function and heal severely damaged tissues and inflammation. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (310) 340-1439!
- Celebrities and famous personalities can testify to acupuncture’s powerful impact on wellness. Public figures like Kim Kardashian, Robert Downey Jr., and Celine Dion have praised its benefits across social media and other media platforms. People often question why everyone loves this traditional eastern-influenced technique so much. Treatment is more than the insertion of thin, small … Continue reading "8 Interesting Facts About Acupuncture"Read More »
- Losing weight can feel like a long and challenging journey, especially without a support system. Medi-Weight Loss Programs are one of many that offer guided plans to help you lose the weight and keep it off. With over 90 locations across the U.S., many have fallen victim to false claims of widespread success. The program … Continue reading "Why You Should Avoid the Medi-Weightloss Program"Read More »
- When clients book an appointment with our chiropractics in El Segundo, they usually inquire about the differences between Swedish and deep tissue massages. Both are popular treatments that incorporate various techniques to loosen tight muscles and stimulate comfort and relaxation. While a massage therapist will make the best recommendation to treat your injury, we break … Continue reading "Swedish Massage vs. Deep Tissue Massage: What’s Best for My Personal Injury?"Read More »