21 Mar Why You Should Avoid the Medi-Weightloss Program
Losing weight can feel like a long and challenging journey, especially without a support system. Medi-Weight Loss Programs are one of many that offer guided plans to help you lose the weight and keep it off. With over 90 locations across the U.S., many have fallen victim to false claims of widespread success. The program is reportedly hard to follow and quite costly.
For a better understanding of the Medi-Weightloss Program, we highlight the information you might find helpful below:
- You can expect a high protein and low carb diet plan with little flexibility.
- The program was established in 2005 to help individuals lose up to 20 pounds during their first month.
- It incorporates rigorous training plans under the guidance of a healthcare professional.
- After a consultation, skilled professionals will create a custom treatment plan. They might also prescribe medications, supplements, or nutrient injections.
- There are three phases: acute weight loss, short-term maintenance, and wellness.
Acute weight loss requires participants to consume a lot of protein and cut the carbs to help their bodies burn more fat. The company does not encourage anyone to count calories or meet an intended goal. Keep in mind that not consuming enough calories each day can be damaging!
Short-term maintenance allows participants to start increasing their calorie and carb intake. Specialists require a weekly check-in at a Medi-Weightloss center for an evaluation. They will adjust the treatment plan accordingly.
The wellness phase is the last part of the program once participants meet their weight loss goal. The body begins readjusting to normal food and drink intake. The Medi-Wellness Program recommends transitioning to a nutritional plan of 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein.
How Does Premiere Chiro Differ?
There are limited studies on the effectiveness of the Medi-Weightloss program. We can verify that low-carb diets do increase weight loss and protein does help to control your appetite. However, irregular check-ins, limited counseling, and lack of access to a medical professional during your weight loss journey make it harder to effectively and healthily lose weight.
At Premiere Chiro, our medical doctor will cater to what your body needs and monitor closely with the appropriate nutritional counseling. In addition to our holistic programs for weight loss in El Segundo, we also offer:
- Medical grade HCH Diets
- Lipotropic B12 Injections
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
To begin, call or text us at (310) 340-1439!