Think of the ketotarian diet as a plant-based version of the regular keto diet.
Its popularity comes from the range of flexibility offered. It is a combination of a vegetarian, high fat, low carb keto routine. Instead of following a strict regimen, some people opt to throw in eggs, clarified butter, or fish into their meals.
Because it is so restrictive, we think it could be a great advantage in your weight loss journey. At Premiere Chiropractic, we offer a selection of treatments for weight management in El Segundo. After each session, we provide guided exercises and nutritional counseling to help keep you committed to this transformational lifestyle change.
In this article, we review how the ketotarian diet works and how beneficial it can be.
What Exactly is The Ketotarian Diet?
The ketotarian diet is a more accommodating version of the keto diet. Its popularity gained traction after Will Cole, a chiropractor and medical practitioner, promoted it in his new book. He praised it for its powerful approach in maintaining weight and reducing inflammation. It incorporates less meat, dairy products, and more veggies, which does the following:
- Boosts heart health
- Limits weight gain
- Controls blood sugar
How Do You Successfully Follow the Diet?
There are several things you should do for a successful turnout.
- Limit your carb intake to be less than 5% of your total calories.
- Try to eat 70-75% of your calories in fat – 20-25% in protein.
- Avoid high consumption of meat and dairy products.
- Always choose organic foods (when possible) and minimize your intake of non-fermented soy products (like tofu). People often think of tofu as a healthy alternative to beef, chicken, and pork. It is high in phytoestrogens, which is like estrogen. It impacts one’s hormones, according to Cole.
- No seed oils. It can cause inflammation with high omega-6 acids.
- “Nightshade veggies” like eggplants, tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes slower digestion and poorly absorb nutrients.
- Meals should be low carb with small portions of proteins and healthy fats.
It Helps Cut Down Body Fat
There have been few studies on the ketotarian diet compared to the infamous keto, showing it is an effective weight loss routine. When paired with acupuncture or B-12 injections, you are sure to see a faster, thoroughly monitored transformation.
In ketosis, your body burns fat instead of carbs to maintain a healthy metabolic rate. It leaves lean muscle mass. According to Healthline, 89% of overweight participants with type 2 diabetes found they lost more weight than they thought, with better control of their blood sugar. It also balanced hormones to limit hunger and control the rate of meals throughout the day.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
Taking part in the ketotarian diet requires a lot of planning and commitment. The biggest drawback keto-goers face is not being able to strategically map out their meals, purchase organic foods, or opting for a “cheat day.” We recommend visiting experienced chiropractics in El Segundo before starting a new diet, especially if you have preexisting health conditions or fear nutrient deficiencies.