According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, approximately one percent of U.S. adults reported a diagnosis of the Plantar Fasciitis condition in 2017 alone. Among these patients, 61% said that they were experiencing pain daily, while 54% were unable to continue going about their daily activities due to pain.
An Overview of Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is a condition that is characterized by heel pain. The pain is caused by the inflammation of a thick band of tissue located on the bottom part of the foot, connecting the heel bone to the toes.
People suffering from Plantar fasciitis can recover after months of conservative treatment through pain relievers and chiropractic therapy. If you are in the Santa Monica Bay region and are wondering, “where can I get physical therapy near me?” Then we got you. You can contact El Segundo physical therapy by merely searching “El Segundo Physical Therapy” on the internet. For first-timers, Premiere Chiropractic & Sports Medicine offers a range of chiropractic services that eradicate different ailments and pain. For patients who cannot access physical therapy El Segundo, below is a guide that can help home workouts.
Before starting the workouts, it is crucial to understand that plantar fasciitis pain can be caused by too much stress on the plantar fascia ligament. The ligament stress occurs when the ligament is stretched irregularly, causing small tears and inflammation. While doing the exercises to relieve pain, the stretching and strengthening exercises should be carefully done to avoid worsening the condition. If possible, ensure that you search for a chiropractor El Segundo for a consultation. However, if you are familiar with the exercise routines, here’s how you can go about the exercises:
- Patients with moderate to severe symptoms are advised to take their medication at least 30 minutes before exercising. Taking a pain reliever or an anti-inflammatory drug such as naproxen or ibuprofen can help relieve pain and inflammation.
- Warm-up before stretching makes the plantar fascia more flexible and reduces the chance of getting injured.
- Physical therapy El Segundo chiropractors recommend that one do stretching exercises before getting out of bed since pain may occur due to the tightening of the plantar fascia. This stretching may involve toe stretch or towel stretches.
- To achieve the relief needed, stretch your feet by flexing them up and down at least ten times before standing.
- Then go-ahead to do toe stretches by first keeping the feet in a flat position and then curl the toes upward and downwards.
- Proceed to do towel stretches so that you can get relief at the bottom part of the foot. To achieve this, get into a sitting position with feet outstretched. Put a rolled towel under the ball of the feet while holding both sides of the towel. While at this position, pull the towel towards yourself while retaining the outstretched position.
- After engaging in these exercises, do some warm-up before getting ready for other activities of the day.
If symptoms persist during the exercise sessions, call us for El Segundo physical therapy to be seen by our specialists.