Celebrities and famous personalities can testify to acupuncture’s powerful impact on wellness. Public figures like Kim Kardashian, Robert Downey Jr., and Celine Dion have praised its benefits across social media and other media platforms.
People often question why everyone loves this traditional eastern-influenced technique so much. Treatment is more than the insertion of thin, small needles. Acupuncturists at Premiere Chiro are well-trained professionals with various techniques for cosmetic benefits, infertility, self-care regimens, chronic pain and illness.
If you’re intrigued about acupuncture therapy, you’ll enjoy learning more about these fun facts below!
- Acupuncture is an individualized treatment centered on our patient’s needs. Suppose you have a demanding workload or experience persistent anxiety. We tailor a unique plan for your acupuncture therapy in El Segundo to balance your body and boost natural feel-good hormones.
- President Nixon helped popularize acupuncture in the 1970s. After an emergency appendectomy, Nixon received therapy for natural post-op pain relief. His recollection of its benefits was one of the first times acupuncture was publicized in the U.S.
- There are over 300 acupuncture points located on the body. Each has its own function and impact on one’s emotional, mental, and physical well-being.
- You don’t need a chronic illness, injury, or pain to receive treatment! Acupuncture is known for preventing ailments before they begin as a preventative measure. You can expect to see an improvement in your immune system, improved blood circulation, less inflammation, and a better mood overall.
- Acupuncture is one of many practiced Chinese healing modalities. Others include tai chi (movement), tui na (massage), and dietary support. At our chiropractics in El Segundo we adapt to the eastern approach of therapy.
- Celine Dion used acupuncture along with IVF treatments to help throughout her pregnancies. After successfully conceiving her twins, she recommended Mariah Carey try out acupuncture therapy for her fertility-related concerns.
- In 2003, the World Health Organization published a review of acupuncture. In it, researchers praised the treatment for healing over 200 symptoms and health conditions.
- Acupuncture is not painful! Each needle is thin, sterile, made of stainless steel, and meant for single use. You might feel a slight pinch when inserted.