Looking for A Way to Alleviate Pain? Try Acupuncture!
The slightest accident can cause neck, shoulder, and back pain. It is entirely normal to start seeing symptoms after a few days. Getting acupuncture after an auto accident is a great way to get ahead of chronic pain, especially if you’ve had to take a few days from work to recover.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient treatment practice derived from China. Our skilled personal injury acupuncturists in LA insert thin needles into specific locations of your body to reduce pain and target health conditions, including:
- Tissue damage
- Poor blood circulation
- Back and neck pain
- Chronic pain from older accidents
There are over 2,000 acupuncture points across the body. When a needle gets inserted, various energy flows (Qi) will be released. At Premiere Chiro, we are firm believers that the body is strong enough to heal itself. Whether we pair acupuncture with spinal decompression or physical therapy, you are sure to see results with each visit.
Acupuncture for Whiplash
Studies report over 2.5 million Americans endures neck strains or sprains annually.
Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the head suddenly jerks forward and backward in a whip-like motion. It sprains the muscles, joints, and ligaments of your neck and upper back.
That’s why scheduling an appointment for personal injury treatment in Los Angeles is crucial after a car accident. We can effectively stop the pain before it worsens. Fortunately, you have a little more time, as whiplash symptoms usually start to appear after a few days or weeks.
Our experienced team of acupuncturists would start inducing treatment to reduce inflammation before stiffness settles in to limit your mobility. Each needle will release endorphins – a natural painkiller for the body.
Acupuncture for Headaches
Do you feel a dull headache or migraine coming on? If you were involved in a collision recently, don’t ignore those warning signs. Post-traumatic headaches or migraines could indicate a concussion or traumatic brain injury (TBI). The slightest accident can result in headaches from:
- Pinched nerves above the spine
- Muscle injuries
- Herniated discs
When you pursue acupuncture for pain relief after an accident, each needle will slow pain transmission across the body. The brain will have a hard time sending signals, helping your body begin the healing process. You should see significant improvement after six sessions.
Keep watch for cervicogenic headaches, tension headaches, and migraine headaches. Each might indicate further damage to your spine, torn muscles, or vascular injuries.
Acupuncture for Herniated Discs
Herniated discs are a specific type of injury that most of our patients suffer. Damage can spread from the cervical spine (neck), lumbar spine (lower back) to the thoracic spine (mid-back). Symptoms include:
- Neck, arm, back, and leg pains
- Nerve damage
Unfortunately, these symptoms could become a long-term disability without proper treatment or lead to paralysis and irreversible spinal cord damage.
During your acupuncture session for personal injuries, we would focus on Hua Tuo Jia Ji acupuncture points. Since its discovery in 110 A.D., it has widely been used to administer healing energy along the neck and spine. It is a beneficial and localized process that directly targets your pain.
In addition to herniated discs, look out for other musculoskeletal injuries, including soft tissue injuries, additional neck injuries (with a herniated disc), fractures and neck dislocation.
Acupuncture for Pain Management
Whether you have had an injury for a few days or a few years, patients like you have been utilizing the holistic benefits of acupuncture for centuries. We also treat knee pain, thigh pain, ankle sprains, or other bodily aches alongside our elite chiropractic treatments. Benefits include:
- Full body recovery
- Improved quality of life
- No unfavorable side effects
- Better range of motion
- Mended organ function
Ready To Begin Personal Injury Acupuncture Treatment?
Don’t wait for the recovery process to begin! Car accident injuries can be complicated, hard to detect, and stressful to manage. Once you enter our facility, we review your medical history and go over extensive treatment plans with you at no cost.
At Premiere Chiro, your path to wellness is our biggest priority. Our team of acupuncturists has helped dozens of clients in the same predicament. We also accept personal injury liens for patients who are pursuing damages in a car accident lawsuit. To learn more about the treatments we offer, or to schedule an appointment, call (310) 499-2630.
- Celebrities and famous personalities can testify to acupuncture’s powerful impact on wellness. Public figures like Kim Kardashian, Robert Downey Jr., and Celine Dion have praised its benefits across social media and other media platforms. People often question why everyone loves this traditional eastern-influenced technique so much. Treatment is more than the insertion of thin, small … Continue reading "8 Interesting Facts About Acupuncture"Read More »
- Losing weight can feel like a long and challenging journey, especially without a support system. Medi-Weight Loss Programs are one of many that offer guided plans to help you lose the weight and keep it off. With over 90 locations across the U.S., many have fallen victim to false claims of widespread success. The program … Continue reading "Why You Should Avoid the Medi-Weightloss Program"Read More »
- When clients book an appointment with our chiropractics in El Segundo, they usually inquire about the differences between Swedish and deep tissue massages. Both are popular treatments that incorporate various techniques to loosen tight muscles and stimulate comfort and relaxation. While a massage therapist will make the best recommendation to treat your injury, we break … Continue reading "Swedish Massage vs. Deep Tissue Massage: What’s Best for My Personal Injury?"Read More »